Article submitted by Juan Manuel García Sánchez, Industry & Energy Manager
- Tell us about AENOR Internacional. What is your core business and role within the project?
AENOR has set itself the goal of contributing to the transformation of society, creating trust between organisations and people. Our entity provides services for conformity assessment (certification, inspection and testing), training and information. AENOR’s certifications range from management systems to products. AENOR also offers a wide range of training courses and sales standards and valued technical publications.
Our core business is the evaluation of conformity, and this is our role in the ECOFACT project. As a partner of WP7, we are in charge of developing a certification scheme.
- Why did your organisation get involved in the ECOFACT project? How does this activity fit with the normal business of your organisation?
Energy efficiency and sustainability are some of the most demanded certification products, and a growing awareness is identified among our clients. Counting with a certification scheme for users of ECOFACT will be an incentive for making use of the platform.
- How will the outputs of the ECOFACT project help production system energy performance?
The ECOFACT project is useful as a guide for industrial efficiency improvement through tested and consolidated key process indicators. It is expected, therefore, that this information will be helpful for strengthening business competitiveness.
- What are the technical challenges your work in ECOFACT is trying to overcome?
Our role in WP 7 is deeply linked to the outcomes of other technical WP, as well as to the development of partner in charge of standardization aspects, with whom we are working closely.
- What positive impacts will the project have when complete?
At AENOR we are certain that ECOFACT will have a positive impact on the manufacturing industries in Europe since the project will contribute to a professional control of the environmental issues of production. The results of the project will be measurable and reproducible.
View our other partner Q&A’s here.