Article submitted by Andrea Perego – Consulting & Marketing Director, One Team
- Tell us about One Team. What is your core business and role within the project?
One Team is a leading high technology SME with more than 30 years of experience in providing consultancy and end-to-end software and hardware solutions for Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, Owner/Operators (AECO) and GIS firms facing the challenges of implementing design, construction and geospatial digital tools. One Team has strong relationships with industry leading software manufacturers, for which it holds the top qualifications (Autodesk Platinum Partner, ESRI Silver Partner, HP Gold Partner…) and is a member of Autodesk, ESRI and Microsoft Developer Networks and, hence, is specialized in the integration of CAD / BIM / GIS / ERP systems. One Team will lead the development of the Digital Twin Platform within the project, exploiting its expertise to ensure end-to-end implementations for data integration and for the platform development.
- Why did your organisation get involved in the ECOFACT project? How does this activity fit with the normal business of your organisation?
Our core business in One Team is indeed to provide solutions and services for engineering companies and among these activities we can enlist:
- 3D modelling of existing assets (including factories);
- development of web platforms used to store and manage 3D models and their related metadata;
- integration of different applications and services within a common web-based platform.
We can then affirm that our activities within the ECOFACT platform are completely aligned with the normal business of One Team.
- How will the outputs of the ECOFACT project help production system energy performance?
The Digital Twin Platform (DTP) will provide to the final user a toolset of applications and services which will enable the possibility of performing energy consumption and production optimisation simulations. Hence, the final user will be able to work with a specific set of parameters (change-over time, maintenance planning, renewable energy sources incidence …) and to run simulations in order to improve the production planning in an energy-efficient way.
- What are the technical challenges your work in ECOFACT is trying to overcome?
The aim of our work package is to integrate in a single platform a set of different tools, harmonizing their results and, whenever possible, visualising specific data directly on the digital twin of a particular part of the factory.
- What positive impacts will the projects have when complete?
As far as it regards our scope, the major impact will be to create a user-friendly set of tools which will give the opportunity to run specific simulations, in order to minimize energy consumptions through production planning optimisation and taking into consideration also other relevant variables such as costs, maintenance operations, energy sources mix, throughput time etc.