Article submitted by Serena Scotton – R&I Project Manager at RINA CONSULTING S.P.A
- Tell us about RINA CONSULTING S.P.A. What is your core business and role within the project?
RINA Consulting S.P.A is a global engineering firm active in innovation and sustainability field for different sectors (energy, industry, space and defence, infrastructure etc.). Innovation is a key element in all our projects.
In the ECOFACT project we are participating as partner and wp8 leader for replication and exploitation.
- Why did your organisation get involved in the ECOFACT project? How does this activity fit with the normal business of your organisation?
We are strongly committed to support EU energy transition to clean technologies and innovation. We are pleased to participate to this project with many other relevant R&D and business partners, contributing to enable manufacturing industries to optimize their production system energy performance, while introducing a novel green marketing approach.
- How will the outputs of the ECOFACT project help production system energy performance?
The ECOFACT project will strongly support manufacturing industries in optimizing the energy performance of their production systems by helping operations and maintenance (O&M), staff to forecast problems, do better planning and improve performance in the use of (energy and material) resources thanks to a prognosis-based Energy and Resource Management System (ERMS). These forecasts will help industries in pre- recognizing issues and in implementing overall manufacturing efficiency.
4. What are the technical challenges your work in ECOFACT is trying to overcome?
As WP leader for replication and exploitation, we are closely working with the partners in identifying relevant replication opportunities for the ECOFACT solutions, elaborating suitable business models, and defining the best strategies on how exploit project results.
- What positive impacts will the projects have when complete?
ECOFACT will positively impact the manufacturing sector in Europe, by contributing to better control the environmental signature of manufacturing process and supply chains, enabling green production and product design as a cost-saver and marketing tool for manufacturing businesses.
View our other partner Q&A’s here.